Baton Rouge, LA
Site Safety & Health Officer
Site Safety & Health Officer – BATON ROUGE, LA
Our Client is seeking a Site Safety & Health Officer to support their Federal Programs in the Baton Rouge, LA area. The successful candidate will contribute to the profitable execution of a wide range of government projects, both large and small, within a team of professionals with well-defined goals.
• The SSHO is responsible for the development and/or review of the Accident Prevention Plan, activity hazard analysis’s, amendments to the accident prevention plan, on site safety education, toolbox safety meetings, all around safety compliance of the project , and a proactive innovative attitude towards solving difficult site-specific safety issues.
• The SSHO is responsible for managing, implementing, and enforcing the project Accident Prevention Plan. The SSHO shall provide full-time on-site safety and occupational health management, surveillance, inspections, training, and safety enforcement.
• Comply with all occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines and EM 385 1-1.
• Create and implement site specific Accident Prevention Plan for construction per EM 385 1-1.
• Create and review Activity Hazard (AHA) and Work Plans based upon the project schedule and definable features of work.
• Ensure all safety submittals required are created, submitted, and approved by the Government Designated Authority (GDA) well in advance of scheduled preparatory meetings.
• Be available on site whenever work is being performed and perform site inspections and observations through the entirety of the shift.
• Provide project safety orientations of the shift.
• Document Weekly Safety Meetings, Weekly Inspections, Deficiencies and Corrective Actions, Man Hours Worked and any incident.
• Lead and document Near Miss and Incident Investigation performing Root Cause Analysis.
• Minimum HS Diploma required.
• Minimum five (5) + years’ continuous experience in construction or industrial projects. • Knowledge of OSHA and EM385 1-1 requirements for construction and environmental projects.
• Should hold an OSHA 30 General Industry or Construction Certificate and have 8 hour credits annually from your original OSHA 30 certification date.
• In-depth understanding and application of safety and health plans and project work plans.
• Ability to pass a federal background check for facilities and installations and industrial sites.
• Knowledge of methods and procedures involved in the compilation of technical findings presented and in determining the acceptability of plans and specifications as related to construction, environmental investigations and toxic and hazardous waste projects.
• Willingness/ability to travel.
• Strong writing Skills.
• Valid driver’s license.
• First Aid and CPR Training/Certification required.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
Client Company was established in 1986 and is a Woman-Owned Small Business headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Over the past 36+ years the company has grown through acquisition and through the hard work of a staff that believes in our Core Values. Since 2007, the company has managed 144 federal government contracts with a total of 552 individual task order projects for a total contract value of over $774 million dollars for clients such as the General Service Administration, the US Army Corps of Engineers in 10 Districts, the US Coast Guard, the US Air Force, the US Army National Guard, the US Geological Survey, the US Navy, the National Park Service and FEMA. The company is growing, and their federal and commercial contract portfolio reflects that growth. They are building on a foundation of success by selecting the finest people to complement that growth.
The client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity