Baton Rouge, LA
Safety & health manager
SAFETY & HEALTH MANAGER – BATON ROUGE, LA
Our Client is seeking to place a Safety & Health Manager to support their Federal Programs in the Baton Rouge, LA area. The successful candidate will contribute to the profitable execution of a wide range of government projects, both large and small, within a team of professionals with well-defined goals.
• Prepare safety and health plans and execute in the field, supervise all asbestos, lead and mold inspections and remediation, perform safety and health risk assessments for federal buildings and facilities, perform as site safety and health officer for natural disaster emergency response projects.
• Minimum Associates Degree in a related subject/field.
• Minimum seven (7)+ years of experience as safety and health officer, USACE onsite SSHO experience strongly preferred.
• Safety & Health advanced certifications a plus (CSHM, COSS, etc)
• Current OSHA 30-hour training.
• Current HAZWOPER 40-hour training/8-hour refresher; ability to pass HazMat physical.
• Certifications for asbestos, lead and/or mold inspections and remediation.
• Knowledge of OSHA requirements for construction and environmental projects.
• In-depth understanding and application of safety and health plans and project work plans.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to pass a federal background check for facilities and installations and industrial sites.
• Willingness/ability to travel.
• Ability to convey safety and occupational health concepts and practical application of these concepts to managers, workers, and clients.
• Knowledge of methods and procedures involved in the compilation of technical findings presented and in determining the acceptability of plans and specifications as related to construction, environmental investigations and toxic and hazardous waste projects.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with U.S. Army Corp of Engineers EM-385-1-1 Accident Prevention Plan (APP)/Site Specific Health and Safety Plan (SSHP) development and execution, including the preparation of Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) forms.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
Client Company was established in 1986 and is a Woman-Owned Small Business headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Over the past 36+ years the company has grown through acquisition and through the hard work of a staff that believes in our Core Values. Since 2007, the company has managed 144 federal government contracts with a total of 552 individual task order projects for a total contract value of over $774 million dollars for clients such as the General Service Administration, the US Army Corps of Engineers in 10 Districts, the US Coast Guard, the US Air Force, the US Army National Guard, the US Geological Survey, the US Navy, the National Park Service and FEMA. The company is growing, and their federal and commercial contract portfolio reflects that growth. They are building on a foundation of success by selecting the finest people to complement that growth.
The client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity