Brooklyn Park, MN
Accounting Clerk – Brooklyn Park, MN
Our client is seeking a full-time Accounting Clerk to support operations in their Brooklyn Park, MN Headquarters location.
JOB DESCRIPTION & DUTIES:
• Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements.
• Reconcile accounts in a timely manner.
• Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database.
• Provide assistance and support to company personnel.
• Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
• Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas.
• Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws.
• File Sales & Use Tax of different states (Monthly, quarterly, Semi-Annually, Annually).
• Send Tax Certificates as requested by Vendors.
• Open accounting Period.
• Checks weekly invoices to vendors for Payments from customers.
• Generation of Accounting Reports.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Minimum 3-5 years of related experience.
Knowledge of accounting programs (Quickbooks).
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial data analysis.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite Software.
Knowledge and experience in working in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge and experience working with government order fulfillment software.
Experience in responding to government customer inquiries.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (CST).
After completion of a 90-Day introductory period, the employee will be eligible for pro-rated benefits per policy. Benefits include PTO, Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our client is a Minority-Owned/SDB Certified Business and Global GSA Logistics and Supplier to the U.S. Military and other Federal Government Departments through GSA Advantage, AF Advantage, and FedEmall Contract Pricing.
The client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity welcome!