Baton Rouge, LA
remote Project Chemist
(Remote) Project Chemist
Our Client is seeking to place a Remote Project Chemist Mid-Level to join their Technical Team and support Environmental Projects for Federal Clients in Baton Rouge, LA.
• Develop work plans to guide investigative field efforts.
• Analyze technical data and draft technical reports.
• Supply quality control data necessary for regulatory submissions.
• Provide support for environmental investigations/studies, including planning, implementation, analysis, interpretation, and reporting aspects
• Manage large amounts of environmental data (primarily chemistry) using database management systems (including but not limited to ERPIMS and EQuIS).
• Author major sections of the UFP QAPP document and produce sampling and analysis plans and data quality objectives.
• Serve as a Quality Control Manager for analytical data and interfacing with data validation point-of-contact to ensure data quality.
• Prepare accurate and professional technical reports including data assessment and evaluation in original text.
• Coordinate with laboratories for the analysis of environmental samples.
• Maintain all records and procedures that pertain to environmental sampling and analysis.
• Work independently but also thrive in a team environment.
• Provide close communication with management providing details of projects and schedules.
• Prioritize schedule to accomplish tasks for time-sensitive deliverables.
• Support other Project Managers through the application of various technical and writing skills to achieve established project-specific objectives.
• Support technical and pricing teams in proposal preparation.
• Experience preparing Corrective Action Progress Reports preferred.
• College or university degree of Bachelor of Science or equivalent or higher in Chemistry, or Environmental Science or other related fields with an emphasis or minor in Chemistry.
• 5+ years of experience as an Environmental Chemist supporting environmental, natural resources, and remediation and projects for federal clients.
• Knowledge of current regional and national initiatives relative to Environmental Compliance.
• Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data.
• Experience with the US Corps of Engineers and DoD preferred.
• Able to read and understand Standard Methods and EPA Methods with the ability to put testing protocol into practice.
• In-depth understanding of development of work plans and reports for environmental projects.
• Current HAZWOPER 40-hour training/8-hour refresher; ability to pass HazMat physical. • Must be able to balance multiple concurrent projects simultaneously.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Microsoft PC applications; WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint.
• Some travel is involved/required.
• Valid driver's license.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
Client Company was established in 1986 and is a Woman-Owned Small Business headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Over the past 30+ years the company has grown through acquisition and through the hard work of a staff that believes in our Core Values. Since 2007, the company has managed 115 federal government contracts with a total of 552 individual task order projects for a total contract value of over $94.5 million dollars for clients such as the General Service Administration, the US Army Corps of Engineers in 10 Districts, the US Coast Guard, the US Air Force, the US Army National Guard, the US Geological Survey, the US Navy, the National Park Service and FEMA. The company is growing, and their federal and commercial contract portfolio reflects that growth. They are building on a foundation of success by selecting the finest people to complement that growth.
The client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity